Looking for information on licensing for Ridesharing? Visit our Class 4 Restricted page to learn more.
Class 4 Unrestricted
A Class 4 Unrestricted licence allows drivers to operate commercial vehicles including:
- Buses with a maximum seating capacity of 25 persons (including school bus drivers, special activity buses and vehicles used to transport people with disabilities)
- Ridesharing vehicles
- Any motor vehicle included in the Class 5 licence
DriveWise BC offers a comprehensive Class 4 Commercial Licence Course or individual on-road lessons to help drivers prepare for the ICBC road-test for the Class 4 Licence. Flexible scheduling for lessons is available including evenings and weekends.
A Class 4 Learner’s Licence is required and can be earned by studying the ICBC Driving Commercial Vehicles book and passing a knowledge test at a Driver Services Centre.
Class 4 Licence Requirements
To upgrade to a commercial licence in British Columbia drivers must meet the following requirements:
- Class 5 or 6 licence or out-of-province equivalent
- Driving record with fewer than four penalty points in the past two years
- No motor vehicle-related Criminal Code convictions in the past three years
- Meet medical standards and pass a driver’s medical exam
- Pass a road test with a vehicle suited to the Class 4 licence
- Payment of all fines or debts owing to ICBC
Contact the DriveWise team for more information.