A Class 4 restricted licence allows drivers to operate commercial vehicles including:
- Ridesharing vehicles
- Taxis and Limousines (up to 10 people including driver)
- Special vehicles used to transport people with disabilities (seating capacity of not more than 10 people including driver)
- Any motor vehicle included in the Class 5 licence
DriveWise BC offers a comprehensive Class 4 Commercial Licence Course or Individual Lessons to help drivers prepare for the ICBC Class 4 road-test. Flexible scheduling for lessons is available including evenings and weekends.
A Class 4 Learner’s Licence is required and can be earned by studying the ICBC Driving Commercial Vehicles book and passing a knowledge test at a Driver Services Centre.
Are you interested in getting your Class 4 (restricted) licence to become a ridesharing driver in British Columbia? Our expert instructors will ensure your driving skills and knowledge are up-to-date to get you ready for the ICBC Class 4 road test. More information about the requirements for ride-hailing drivers is available from the Government of British Columbia.
Class 4 Licence Requirements
To upgrade to a commercial licence in British Columbia drivers must meet the following requirements:
- Class 5 or 6 licence or out-of-province equivalent
- Driving record with fewer than four penalty points in the past two years
- No motor vehicle-related Criminal Code convictions in the past three years
- Meet medical standards and pass a driver’s medical exam
- Pass a road test with a vehicle suited to the Class 4 licence
- Payment of all fines or debts owing to ICBC
Contact the DriveWise team for more information.