DriveWise COVID-19 Safety Plan
In preparation for your return to a safe LEARN TO DRIVE experience, DriveWise has implemented a number of countermeasures and policies.
- Occupancy limits in class – our classroom sessions are now limited in size and we are offering more dates to accommodate all our students
- Entry, exits and high traffic areas are cleaned and sanitized regularly
- Physical distancing measures in place. When this is not achievable, masks must be worn by clients and employees of DriveWise
- Instructors to be screened before they begin work each day and if showing symptoms they are directed to call 811
- Students to be screened before classroom sessions and in car driving lessons, If showing any symptoms, the instructor has been instructed to cancel lessons and reschedule.
In Vehicle Lessons:
It is imperative that you let us know ahead of time in you or anyone in your immediate bubble is immune compromised before you start your driving lessons. We can plan accordingly this way to keep everyone safe!
- With the rise in recent cases in BC, we are returning to meeting our students at our offices in Victoria and at a pre-determined location for our Kamloops, Kelowna and Nanaimo students.
- All vehicles are cleaned and sanitized before and after lessons. Masks to be worn by both instructor and student. If masks are not worn, a protective plastic barrier will be placed between the instructor and student while adhering to all safety protocols already in place prior to COVID.
- Extra breaks may be necessary when learning to drive with masks on. This is left to the discretion of instructor and student. Should a lesson be cut short for any reason, the time will be made up in another lesson.
Thank you so much for the extra patience we all need during this time!
Symtoms of COVID-19 include fever, chills, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat any new muscle aches or headaches.
Please call or text us at 250-475-0666 should you require any further information from us.
We are experiencing higher than normal call volumes at this time, texting is sometimes easier than leaving a voicemail.
The DriveWise Team